- 2016 Watch July 22
In an interview with NPR released Tuesday, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio (R), a presumptive 2016 candidate, said the country is at a "generational, transformational crossroads," and Hillary Clinton is behind the times.
"I just think she's a 20th century candidate," the freshman lawmaker said. "I think she does not offer an agenda for moving America forward in the 21st century, at least not up till now."
Clinton was twice a candidate in the 21st century, for the Senate in 2006 and for the presidency in 2008. She went one for two.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- 10 things you need to know today: October 31, 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
Subscribe to the Week