- 2016 Watch July 22
In an interview with NPR released Tuesday, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio (R), a presumptive 2016 candidate, said the country is at a "generational, transformational crossroads," and Hillary Clinton is behind the times.
"I just think she's a 20th century candidate," the freshman lawmaker said. "I think she does not offer an agenda for moving America forward in the 21st century, at least not up till now."
Clinton was twice a candidate in the 21st century, for the Senate in 2006 and for the presidency in 2008. She went one for two.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week