- 2016 Watch July 22
In an interview with NPR released Tuesday, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio (R), a presumptive 2016 candidate, said the country is at a "generational, transformational crossroads," and Hillary Clinton is behind the times.
"I just think she's a 20th century candidate," the freshman lawmaker said. "I think she does not offer an agenda for moving America forward in the 21st century, at least not up till now."
Clinton was twice a candidate in the 21st century, for the Senate in 2006 and for the presidency in 2008. She went one for two.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Ismail Kadare's 6 favorite books
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week