- 2016 Watch July 22
In an interview with NPR released Tuesday, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio (R), a presumptive 2016 candidate, said the country is at a "generational, transformational crossroads," and Hillary Clinton is behind the times.
"I just think she's a 20th century candidate," the freshman lawmaker said. "I think she does not offer an agenda for moving America forward in the 21st century, at least not up till now."
Clinton was twice a candidate in the 21st century, for the Senate in 2006 and for the presidency in 2008. She went one for two.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
Subscribe to the Week