- 2016 Watch July 22
In an interview with NPR released Tuesday, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio (R), a presumptive 2016 candidate, said the country is at a "generational, transformational crossroads," and Hillary Clinton is behind the times.
"I just think she's a 20th century candidate," the freshman lawmaker said. "I think she does not offer an agenda for moving America forward in the 21st century, at least not up till now."
Clinton was twice a candidate in the 21st century, for the Senate in 2006 and for the presidency in 2008. She went one for two.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
Subscribe to the Week