- No Surrender July 22
Two American Flags disappeared from the Brooklyn Bridge sometime overnight Monday into Tuesday and were replaced by white flags faintly depicting the stars and stripes.
Police removed the flags early Tuesday morning, though they have yet to determine who placed them there and for what purpose. Still, in lieu of an official explanation, it's safe to assume that Brooklyn did not surrender to Manhattan, as many have jokingly suggested.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- Ban PowerPoint!
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 16 characters from other languages that make great emoticons
Subscribe to the Week