- No Surrender July 22
Two American Flags disappeared from the Brooklyn Bridge sometime overnight Monday into Tuesday and were replaced by white flags faintly depicting the stars and stripes.
Police removed the flags early Tuesday morning, though they have yet to determine who placed them there and for what purpose. Still, in lieu of an official explanation, it's safe to assume that Brooklyn did not surrender to Manhattan, as many have jokingly suggested.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- The 7 best Halloween-themed editorial cartoons
- How science can help you survive scary movies
Subscribe to the Week