- No Surrender July 22
Two American Flags disappeared from the Brooklyn Bridge sometime overnight Monday into Tuesday and were replaced by white flags faintly depicting the stars and stripes.
Police removed the flags early Tuesday morning, though they have yet to determine who placed them there and for what purpose. Still, in lieu of an official explanation, it's safe to assume that Brooklyn did not surrender to Manhattan, as many have jokingly suggested.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How I lost all my money
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- 10 things you need to know today: December 22, 2014
Subscribe to the Week