- No Surrender July 22
Two American Flags disappeared from the Brooklyn Bridge sometime overnight Monday into Tuesday and were replaced by white flags faintly depicting the stars and stripes.
Police removed the flags early Tuesday morning, though they have yet to determine who placed them there and for what purpose. Still, in lieu of an official explanation, it's safe to assume that Brooklyn did not surrender to Manhattan, as many have jokingly suggested.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
Subscribe to the Week