- No Surrender July 22
Two American Flags disappeared from the Brooklyn Bridge sometime overnight Monday into Tuesday and were replaced by white flags faintly depicting the stars and stripes.
Police removed the flags early Tuesday morning, though they have yet to determine who placed them there and for what purpose. Still, in lieu of an official explanation, it's safe to assume that Brooklyn did not surrender to Manhattan, as many have jokingly suggested.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- The impossible promise at the heart of Scotland's campaign for independence
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
Subscribe to the Week