- Really? July 22
Colin Furze, who rose to internet fame after creating Wolverine claw replicas, is on to bigger and better inventions: the "biggest fart machine ever," to be precise.
Gizmodo reports that Furze plans to aim his fart cannon at France from Dover, England. He has apparently built the "biggest valveless pulse jet machine ever" — and he plans to build a giant butt to house the fart machine.
According to Gizmodo, Furze's jet machine has the sound effects of "a furious fart from hell." Furze plans to aim the fart cannon at France on July 24, between 6:00 and 7:00 p.m. local time, to see if the sound carries across the English Channel. He sums up his hypothesis on his YouTube page: "There are reports that in the war people could hear artillery fire from northern France, but will the French hear this?" We'll soon find out.
Whether or not Furze's sound experiment is successful, just think of the potential health benefits a fart gun of this magnitude could provide. Watch Furze's video about the jet's creation below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How I lost all my money
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The best books we read in 2014
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to wrap a present with mathematical precision (and waste less paper)
Subscribe to the Week