- 'Cause I got high July 22
Snoop Lion, née Dogg, says he once smoked pot at the White House after tricking security into thinking he had to "do the number two." Speaking with Jimmy Kimmel on his Double G News Network, Snoop at first said he didn't smoke in the White House itself, but rather in a White House bathroom. (Unless there is a secret White Outhouse, that would seem to qualify as smoking weed in the White House.)
"I said, 'May I use your bathroom for a second?' And they said, 'What are you going to do — number one or number two?'" Snoop said. "And I said, 'number two.'"
After explaining to security that he usually smokes a cigarette to "get the aroma right" when doing his business, Snoop claims he was granted permission to light a napkin. The napkin, however, turned out to be a blunt.
It's hard to imagine anyone sneaking weed into the White House. But hey, if someone was going to do it, it would probably be the guy whose notable work includes a song with the hook, "Smoke weed everyday."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
Subscribe to the Week