- 'Cause I got high July 22
Snoop Lion, née Dogg, says he once smoked pot at the White House after tricking security into thinking he had to "do the number two." Speaking with Jimmy Kimmel on his Double G News Network, Snoop at first said he didn't smoke in the White House itself, but rather in a White House bathroom. (Unless there is a secret White Outhouse, that would seem to qualify as smoking weed in the White House.)
"I said, 'May I use your bathroom for a second?' And they said, 'What are you going to do — number one or number two?'" Snoop said. "And I said, 'number two.'"
After explaining to security that he usually smokes a cigarette to "get the aroma right" when doing his business, Snoop claims he was granted permission to light a napkin. The napkin, however, turned out to be a blunt.
It's hard to imagine anyone sneaking weed into the White House. But hey, if someone was going to do it, it would probably be the guy whose notable work includes a song with the hook, "Smoke weed everyday."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week