- Flight 17 July 22
U.S. intelligence officials said Tuesday that they believed Russian separatists downed Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 using a surface-to-air missile, according to the Associated Press. However, they said there was no indication Russia had any direct involvement in the attack.
That said, they added that Moscow "created the conditions" for the disaster by training and arming the separatist forces in the first place.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
Subscribe to the Week