- Flight 17 July 22
U.S. intelligence officials said Tuesday that they believed Russian separatists downed Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 using a surface-to-air missile, according to the Associated Press. However, they said there was no indication Russia had any direct involvement in the attack.
That said, they added that Moscow "created the conditions" for the disaster by training and arming the separatist forces in the first place.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
Subscribe to the Week