- Flight 17 July 22
U.S. intelligence officials said Tuesday that they believed Russian separatists downed Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 using a surface-to-air missile, according to the Associated Press. However, they said there was no indication Russia had any direct involvement in the attack.
That said, they added that Moscow "created the conditions" for the disaster by training and arming the separatist forces in the first place.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
Subscribe to the Week