- Flight 17 July 22
U.S. intelligence officials said Tuesday that they believed Russian separatists downed Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 using a surface-to-air missile, according to the Associated Press. However, they said there was no indication Russia had any direct involvement in the attack.
That said, they added that Moscow "created the conditions" for the disaster by training and arming the separatist forces in the first place.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- This week I learned your coin toss odds are better than you think, and more
Subscribe to the Week