- Seriously, let it go July 23
There have been a lot of cover versions of "Let It Go," the most memorable song in Disney's Frozen, perhaps the most successful animated film of all time. And there have even been a few video mashups of Frozen and other hit movies and TV shows. So perhaps something like producer Jim Cliff's rendition of "Let It Go," using only quotes from decades-old sitcoms, was inevitable. It was certainly a lot of work.
Now, the editing in this musical video collage isn't flawless, and some of the clips are from the 1990s, not the '80s, but it's an impressive triumph of archival perseverance in its own right. The chorus is the strongest part, and the most fun: Who knew 1980s TV shows used the phrase "let it go" so often? --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week