- Israel and Palestine July 23
Secretary of State John Kerry made a surprise visit to Israel on Wednesday to push for a ceasefire in Gaza. He flew into the country's main airport in Tel Aviv a day after the FAA suspended U.S. flights to Israel due to the threat of rocket fire from Gaza. He will meet with U.N. Secretary General Ban-Ki Moon, Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to try to hash out an agreement. To date, the fighting between Israel and Hamas, the Islamist Palestinian faction that runs Gaza, has killed at least 31 Israelis and 650 Palestinians. Read more about Kerry's visit at The New York Times.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- On immigration, Obama is flirting with tyranny
- The GOP's best response to Obama's immigration move: Toothless griping
- Why are newspaper comics so terrible?
- How to rescue the American family and fix the broken school system in one fell swoop
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week