- Donald Sterling July 23
Interim Clippers CEO Richard Parsons said that Doc Rivers, coach of the Los Angeles Clippers, will leave the team if Donald Sterling remains the owner.
"Doc is troubled by this maybe more so than anybody else," Parsons said. "If Mr. Sterling continues as owner, he does not want to continue as coach."
Rivers, who is black, has coached the Clippers for more than a year. Donald Sterling faces a lifetime ban from the NBA after making racist comments in April. Sterling filed a new lawsuit Tuesday against his wife as well as NBA commissioner Adam Silver for defrauding him and attempting to sell the Clippers.
"If Doc were to leave, that would be a disaster," said Parsons. "Doc is the father figure, the one who leads."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- You're reheating pizza wrong
Subscribe to the Week