- Donald Sterling July 23
Interim Clippers CEO Richard Parsons said that Doc Rivers, coach of the Los Angeles Clippers, will leave the team if Donald Sterling remains the owner.
"Doc is troubled by this maybe more so than anybody else," Parsons said. "If Mr. Sterling continues as owner, he does not want to continue as coach."
Rivers, who is black, has coached the Clippers for more than a year. Donald Sterling faces a lifetime ban from the NBA after making racist comments in April. Sterling filed a new lawsuit Tuesday against his wife as well as NBA commissioner Adam Silver for defrauding him and attempting to sell the Clippers.
"If Doc were to leave, that would be a disaster," said Parsons. "Doc is the father figure, the one who leads."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
Subscribe to the Week