- This just in July 23
A TransAsia Airways plane crashed Wednesday after a botched emergency landing on Taiwan's Pengu Islands, according to Taiwan's central news agency. The crash killed at least 47 and left 11 others injured, according to Taiwan's Transportation Minister Yeh Kuang-shih.
Typhoon Matmo slammed Taiwan Tuesday night, bringing winds of up to 100 miles-per-hour and dumping around a foot of rain in some parts. The severe weather is believed to have contributed to the crash. --Jon Terbush
Unbelievably, this was the radar near the time of the crash of this plane in Taiwan. pic.twitter.com/Lr2xFM5OBF— Anthony Sagliani (@anthonywx) July 23, 2014
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- Behind the newest attempt to get the Supreme Court to strike down affirmative action
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- How to be charismatic, according to science
Subscribe to the Week