- This just in July 23
A TransAsia Airways plane crashed Wednesday after a botched emergency landing on Taiwan's Pengu Islands, according to Taiwan's central news agency. The crash killed at least 47 and left 11 others injured, according to Taiwan's Transportation Minister Yeh Kuang-shih.
Typhoon Matmo slammed Taiwan Tuesday night, bringing winds of up to 100 miles-per-hour and dumping around a foot of rain in some parts. The severe weather is believed to have contributed to the crash. --Jon Terbush
Unbelievably, this was the radar near the time of the crash of this plane in Taiwan. pic.twitter.com/Lr2xFM5OBF— Anthony Sagliani (@anthonywx) July 23, 2014
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
Subscribe to the Week