- This just in July 23
A TransAsia Airways plane crashed Wednesday after a botched emergency landing on Taiwan's Pengu Islands, according to Taiwan's central news agency. The crash killed at least 47 and left 11 others injured, according to Taiwan's Transportation Minister Yeh Kuang-shih.
Typhoon Matmo slammed Taiwan Tuesday night, bringing winds of up to 100 miles-per-hour and dumping around a foot of rain in some parts. The severe weather is believed to have contributed to the crash. --Jon Terbush
Unbelievably, this was the radar near the time of the crash of this plane in Taiwan. pic.twitter.com/Lr2xFM5OBF— Anthony Sagliani (@anthonywx) July 23, 2014
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
Subscribe to the Week