- Cheer up July 23
Not even baseball can cheer up Jack White. The White Stripes frontman was spotted Tuesday at a Chicago Cubs game looking typically glum, which seems fitting given the franchise's cursed futility.
Is that Jack White pic.twitter.com/m94sBgqmxT— Torque Penderloin (@AndrewCieslak) July 23, 2014
What are you guys looking at? pic.twitter.com/HM1emjVeJZ— Big Cat (@BarstoolBigCat) July 23, 2014
The Cubs have the third-worst record in baseball, and have lost 288 games in the past three seasons. They should ditch the creepy bear and make White's face their new mascot.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Rise of the machines
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
- It's time to kill school picture day
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
Subscribe to the Week