- Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man July 23
The massive success of Marvel's Avengers franchise has left pretty much every other Hollywood studio scrambling to establish its own sprawling, interconnected cinematic universe. But Sony's grand scheme to blow The Amazing Spider-Man into a comparable franchise might have been a little too ambitious; the direct sequel to this summer's The Amazing Spider-Man 2 has been delayed a full two years.
Instead, Sinister Six — a spin-off centered on a series of Spider-Man baddies — will hit theaters on November 11, 2016. The Amazing Spider-Man 3, which was originally slated for a June 2016 release, has been pushed back all the way to 2018. We can probably assume that The Amazing Spider-Man 4, which had originally been slated for a May 2018 release, will also be bumped accordingly.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- How I lost all my money
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How computers will replace your doctor
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week