- Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man July 23
The massive success of Marvel's Avengers franchise has left pretty much every other Hollywood studio scrambling to establish its own sprawling, interconnected cinematic universe. But Sony's grand scheme to blow The Amazing Spider-Man into a comparable franchise might have been a little too ambitious; the direct sequel to this summer's The Amazing Spider-Man 2 has been delayed a full two years.
Instead, Sinister Six — a spin-off centered on a series of Spider-Man baddies — will hit theaters on November 11, 2016. The Amazing Spider-Man 3, which was originally slated for a June 2016 release, has been pushed back all the way to 2018. We can probably assume that The Amazing Spider-Man 4, which had originally been slated for a May 2018 release, will also be bumped accordingly.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 10 things you need to know today: September 17, 2014
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week