- Total recall July 23
General Motors on Wednesday announced yet another recall, their 60th so far this year, effecting some 718,000 cars and trucks. All told, GM has now recalled almost 30 million vehicles since the start of February.
For comparison's sake, the entire auto industry sold 15.6 million vehicles in America in all of 2013. In other words, GM has now recalled almost twice as many vehicles in six months as it and its competitors sold all of last year.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
When Americans banned Christmas
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
Subscribe to the Week