- Total recall July 23
General Motors on Wednesday announced yet another recall, their 60th so far this year, effecting some 718,000 cars and trucks. All told, GM has now recalled almost 30 million vehicles since the start of February.
For comparison's sake, the entire auto industry sold 15.6 million vehicles in America in all of 2013. In other words, GM has now recalled almost twice as many vehicles in six months as it and its competitors sold all of last year.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
Subscribe to the Week