- This just in July 24
Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice has been suspended for the first two games of the upcoming NFL season for allegedly beating his wife, according to ESPN.
In February, Rice was arrested and charged with assault for allegedly attacking his then-fiancée, Janay Palmer, at an Atlantic City casino. Surveillance footage showed Rice dragging an unconscious Palmer out of a casino elevator. Police also claimed to have footage showing Rice knocking out Palmer, and though they did not release it to the press, one witness told Deadspin the blow was an "uppercut."
In May, Rice pleaded not guilty.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Why America needs more billionaires
Subscribe to the Week