- This just in July 24
Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice has been suspended for the first two games of the upcoming NFL season for allegedly beating his wife, according to ESPN.
In February, Rice was arrested and charged with assault for allegedly attacking his then-fiancée, Janay Palmer, at an Atlantic City casino. Surveillance footage showed Rice dragging an unconscious Palmer out of a casino elevator. Police also claimed to have footage showing Rice knocking out Palmer, and though they did not release it to the press, one witness told Deadspin the blow was an "uppercut."
In May, Rice pleaded not guilty.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The week's best photojournalism
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week