- This just in July 24
Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice has been suspended for the first two games of the upcoming NFL season for allegedly beating his wife, according to ESPN.
In February, Rice was arrested and charged with assault for allegedly attacking his then-fiancée, Janay Palmer, at an Atlantic City casino. Surveillance footage showed Rice dragging an unconscious Palmer out of a casino elevator. Police also claimed to have footage showing Rice knocking out Palmer, and though they did not release it to the press, one witness told Deadspin the blow was an "uppercut."
In May, Rice pleaded not guilty.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- What the media gets wrong about Jeb Bush
Subscribe to the Week