- This just in July 24
Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice has been suspended for the first two games of the upcoming NFL season for allegedly beating his wife, according to ESPN.
In February, Rice was arrested and charged with assault for allegedly attacking his then-fiancée, Janay Palmer, at an Atlantic City casino. Surveillance footage showed Rice dragging an unconscious Palmer out of a casino elevator. Police also claimed to have footage showing Rice knocking out Palmer, and though they did not release it to the press, one witness told Deadspin the blow was an "uppercut."
In May, Rice pleaded not guilty.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- California's epic drought
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Peter Thiel, and the not-so-secret secret of innovative success
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 10 things you need to know today: September 20, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week