- This just in July 24
One person has died and at least two others were wounded during a shooting at a hospital in a Philadelphia suburb on Thursday. Delaware County District Attorney Jack Whelan said in a statement that the shooting occurred in a psychiatric unit on the campus of Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital in Darby, Pennsylvania.
The victim was a female hospital employee, according to a local ABC affiliate. A doctor was also wounded in the attack. The suspect, who was also shot and has not yet been identified, is in custody.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to make corn dogs
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
Subscribe to the Week