- Late Night Antics July 25
Morgan Freeman's voice is so authoritative and mellifluous that he is often tapped to play God in the movies. "I do love your voice, and everyone loves your voice," Jimmy Fallon told him on Thursday night's Tonight Show, "but I was wondering what your voice would sound like if you were on helium." And now that he mentions it, don't you? Well, wish granted — and let no one say that Freeman isn't a good sport. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week