- Late Night Antics July 25
Morgan Freeman's voice is so authoritative and mellifluous that he is often tapped to play God in the movies. "I do love your voice, and everyone loves your voice," Jimmy Fallon told him on Thursday night's Tonight Show, "but I was wondering what your voice would sound like if you were on helium." And now that he mentions it, don't you? Well, wish granted — and let no one say that Freeman isn't a good sport. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
Subscribe to the Week