- It's all in the timing July 25
On Thursday evening, First Lady Michelle Obama encouraged Democratic donors at a fundraiser in Chicago to spend big on Democratic candidates in the midterm elections. At the same event she used the bully pulpit to decry Republicans' use of large donations in previous election cycles, remarking:
So, yeah, there's too much money in politics. There's special interests that have too much influence. But they had all that money and all that influence back in 2008 and 2012 and we still won those elections.
The first lady also said:
There is something you can do right now today to make a difference, and that is to write a big, fat check. I kid you not. I'm going to be honest with you. That's what we need you to do right now. We need you to write the biggest, fattest check that you can possibly write.- - Bonnie Kristian
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
Subscribe to the Week