- Obummer July 25
In a new CNN poll released Friday, a whopping 33 percent of respondents said that President Obama should be "impeached and removed from office."
The number is slightly higher than previous CNN polls about whether Presidents Bush and Clinton should have been impeached, CNN notes in the poll data. The poll surveyed 1,012 American adults from July 18 to July 20.
Of course, the question of Obama's impeachment has a sharp partisan divide. Fifty-seven percent of Republicans said they want to impeach Obama, while only 35 percent of Independents and 13 percent of Democrats felt the same way.
The CNN poll also found that 41 percent of those polled approve of House Republicans filing a lawsuit against Obama.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: September 19, 2014
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- Peter Thiel, and the not-so-secret secret of innovative success
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
Subscribe to the Week