- Obummer July 25
In a new CNN poll released Friday, a whopping 33 percent of respondents said that President Obama should be "impeached and removed from office."
The number is slightly higher than previous CNN polls about whether Presidents Bush and Clinton should have been impeached, CNN notes in the poll data. The poll surveyed 1,012 American adults from July 18 to July 20.
Of course, the question of Obama's impeachment has a sharp partisan divide. Fifty-seven percent of Republicans said they want to impeach Obama, while only 35 percent of Independents and 13 percent of Democrats felt the same way.
The CNN poll also found that 41 percent of those polled approve of House Republicans filing a lawsuit against Obama.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
Subscribe to the Week