- Obummer July 25
In a new CNN poll released Friday, a whopping 33 percent of respondents said that President Obama should be "impeached and removed from office."
The number is slightly higher than previous CNN polls about whether Presidents Bush and Clinton should have been impeached, CNN notes in the poll data. The poll surveyed 1,012 American adults from July 18 to July 20.
Of course, the question of Obama's impeachment has a sharp partisan divide. Fifty-seven percent of Republicans said they want to impeach Obama, while only 35 percent of Independents and 13 percent of Democrats felt the same way.
The CNN poll also found that 41 percent of those polled approve of House Republicans filing a lawsuit against Obama.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week