- Coming Soon July 25
Last year, Zack Snyder successfully rebooted the Superman series with Man of Steel, in which Henry Cavill donned the superhero's red and blue tights. But if you're interested in a trip to the Hollywood equivalent of Bizarro World, look no further than the trailer for The Death of Superman Lives.
The documentary tells the true story behind Tim Burton's aborted Superman movie, which was slated to star none other than Nicolas Cage. The movie got far enough into production to merit a screen test; if you've ever wondered what Cage would look like flying around in tights, you can get a taste in this trailer. In less than three minutes, the Death of Superman Lives trailer weaves a fascinating story of a movie that could have been. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week