- Braaaaaaaaaiins July 25
Fresh out of Comic-Con, AMC's The Walking Dead has given fans a taste of the zombie drama's upcoming season. After ending its fourth season on a cliffhanger, The Walking Dead is picking up right where it left off, as our heroes struggle to survive in the hornets' nest they've stumbled upon.
The new trailer reveals that the survivors will take to the road again, heading toward Washington, D.C. in an effort to track down a cure for zombie plague — and though our heroes are forced to fight alongside some new faces, they're less than enthusiastic about it. "These people are my family, and if you hurt them in any way I will kill you," says series protagonist Rick (Andrew Lincoln).
Of course, this is The Walking Dead, so there's no shortage of the series' trademark ultra-violence, including some particularly nasty waterlogged zombies. Let's just hope the fifth season's story lands with as much impact as the gore.
The Walking Dead's fifth season will premiere on AMC on October 12. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- The U.S. dollar has been strengthening for 3 straight years! (That's not good news.)
Subscribe to the Week