- Braaaaaaaaaiins July 25
Fresh out of Comic-Con, AMC's The Walking Dead has given fans a taste of the zombie drama's upcoming season. After ending its fourth season on a cliffhanger, The Walking Dead is picking up right where it left off, as our heroes struggle to survive in the hornets' nest they've stumbled upon.
The new trailer reveals that the survivors will take to the road again, heading toward Washington, D.C. in an effort to track down a cure for zombie plague — and though our heroes are forced to fight alongside some new faces, they're less than enthusiastic about it. "These people are my family, and if you hurt them in any way I will kill you," says series protagonist Rick (Andrew Lincoln).
Of course, this is The Walking Dead, so there's no shortage of the series' trademark ultra-violence, including some particularly nasty waterlogged zombies. Let's just hope the fifth season's story lands with as much impact as the gore.
The Walking Dead's fifth season will premiere on AMC on October 12. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 3 key insights about Obama from Chuck Todd's The Stranger
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
Subscribe to the Week