- Braaaaaaaaaiins July 25
Fresh out of Comic-Con, AMC's The Walking Dead has given fans a taste of the zombie drama's upcoming season. After ending its fourth season on a cliffhanger, The Walking Dead is picking up right where it left off, as our heroes struggle to survive in the hornets' nest they've stumbled upon.
The new trailer reveals that the survivors will take to the road again, heading toward Washington, D.C. in an effort to track down a cure for zombie plague — and though our heroes are forced to fight alongside some new faces, they're less than enthusiastic about it. "These people are my family, and if you hurt them in any way I will kill you," says series protagonist Rick (Andrew Lincoln).
Of course, this is The Walking Dead, so there's no shortage of the series' trademark ultra-violence, including some particularly nasty waterlogged zombies. Let's just hope the fifth season's story lands with as much impact as the gore.
The Walking Dead's fifth season will premiere on AMC on October 12. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How Scott Brown is executing the perfect GOP Senate campaign
Subscribe to the Week