- Braaaaaaaaaiins July 25
Fresh out of Comic-Con, AMC's The Walking Dead has given fans a taste of the zombie drama's upcoming season. After ending its fourth season on a cliffhanger, The Walking Dead is picking up right where it left off, as our heroes struggle to survive in the hornets' nest they've stumbled upon.
The new trailer reveals that the survivors will take to the road again, heading toward Washington, D.C. in an effort to track down a cure for zombie plague — and though our heroes are forced to fight alongside some new faces, they're less than enthusiastic about it. "These people are my family, and if you hurt them in any way I will kill you," says series protagonist Rick (Andrew Lincoln).
Of course, this is The Walking Dead, so there's no shortage of the series' trademark ultra-violence, including some particularly nasty waterlogged zombies. Let's just hope the fifth season's story lands with as much impact as the gore.
The Walking Dead's fifth season will premiere on AMC on October 12. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- Adam Sandler's 'Thanksgiving Song': Explaining the 22-year-old tune's pop-culture references
- 13 vegetarian dishes for Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week