- There Will Be Dragons July 25
HBO's Game of Thrones used its Comic-Con panel to drop a bombshell: the introduction of the new cast members who will join the show's upcoming fifth season.
Names like Doran Martell (Alexander Siddig), Areo Hotah (DeObia Oparei), Obara Sand (Keisha Castle-Hughes), and the High Sparrow (Jonathan Pryce) might not be familiar to those who haven't read the books — but the brief video below offers the chance to meet the actors who will play them. The video does contain one returning character who viewers of the TV show might remember: Myrcella Baratheon, the sole daughter of Cersei and Jaime Lannister, who will now be played by Nell Tiger Free.
The video doesn't offer any major hints about the role the new characters will play in the series, but the internet is laden with spoilers about what happens to them in George R.R. Martin's novels — so Google very carefully. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why America needs more billionaires
Subscribe to the Week