- There Will Be Dragons July 25
HBO's Game of Thrones used its Comic-Con panel to drop a bombshell: the introduction of the new cast members who will join the show's upcoming fifth season.
Names like Doran Martell (Alexander Siddig), Areo Hotah (DeObia Oparei), Obara Sand (Keisha Castle-Hughes), and the High Sparrow (Jonathan Pryce) might not be familiar to those who haven't read the books — but the brief video below offers the chance to meet the actors who will play them. The video does contain one returning character who viewers of the TV show might remember: Myrcella Baratheon, the sole daughter of Cersei and Jaime Lannister, who will now be played by Nell Tiger Free.
The video doesn't offer any major hints about the role the new characters will play in the series, but the internet is laden with spoilers about what happens to them in George R.R. Martin's novels — so Google very carefully. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- What the media gets wrong about Jeb Bush
- Why Obama was right to give Cuba a 'full bailout'
Subscribe to the Week