- There Will Be Dragons July 25
HBO's Game of Thrones used its Comic-Con panel to drop a bombshell: the introduction of the new cast members who will join the show's upcoming fifth season.
Names like Doran Martell (Alexander Siddig), Areo Hotah (DeObia Oparei), Obara Sand (Keisha Castle-Hughes), and the High Sparrow (Jonathan Pryce) might not be familiar to those who haven't read the books — but the brief video below offers the chance to meet the actors who will play them. The video does contain one returning character who viewers of the TV show might remember: Myrcella Baratheon, the sole daughter of Cersei and Jaime Lannister, who will now be played by Nell Tiger Free.
The video doesn't offer any major hints about the role the new characters will play in the series, but the internet is laden with spoilers about what happens to them in George R.R. Martin's novels — so Google very carefully. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Are hedge funds doomed?
Subscribe to the Week