- Update Status July 26
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg will probably find his new position on the Bloomberg Billionaire Index "like"-worthy.
The 30-year-old moved up to number 16 following Thursday's record close for the company. Facebook reported second-quarter sales of about $2.91 billion, reports the Tech Times; the stock's growing value added another $1.6 billion to Zuckerberg's net worth ($33.3 billion, total). Google co-founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin currently hold numbers 17 ($33.1 billion) and 18 ($32.8 billion), respectively, while Amazon Chairman Jeff Bezos ranks at number 20 ($32.6 billion).
You know what's cooler than $33.3 billion, though? $84.7 billion, which belongs to the world's richest man, Bill Gates, who eschews hoodies for Microsoft shares.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 5 legitimate scientific controversies
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 10 things you need to know today: October 2, 2014
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Why I got married — without a wedding
- How to improve your workplace culture
- Why the Rubio-Lee tax plan is great politics — and great policy
Subscribe to the Week