- Update Status July 26
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg will probably find his new position on the Bloomberg Billionaire Index "like"-worthy.
The 30-year-old moved up to number 16 following Thursday's record close for the company. Facebook reported second-quarter sales of about $2.91 billion, reports the Tech Times; the stock's growing value added another $1.6 billion to Zuckerberg's net worth ($33.3 billion, total). Google co-founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin currently hold numbers 17 ($33.1 billion) and 18 ($32.8 billion), respectively, while Amazon Chairman Jeff Bezos ranks at number 20 ($32.6 billion).
You know what's cooler than $33.3 billion, though? $84.7 billion, which belongs to the world's richest man, Bill Gates, who eschews hoodies for Microsoft shares.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- The secret advantages of great penmanship
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to live a long life, according to science
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
- The real lesson of the looming Martha Coakley disaster
Subscribe to the Week