- Update Status July 26
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg will probably find his new position on the Bloomberg Billionaire Index "like"-worthy.
The 30-year-old moved up to number 16 following Thursday's record close for the company. Facebook reported second-quarter sales of about $2.91 billion, reports the Tech Times; the stock's growing value added another $1.6 billion to Zuckerberg's net worth ($33.3 billion, total). Google co-founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin currently hold numbers 17 ($33.1 billion) and 18 ($32.8 billion), respectively, while Amazon Chairman Jeff Bezos ranks at number 20 ($32.6 billion).
You know what's cooler than $33.3 billion, though? $84.7 billion, which belongs to the world's richest man, Bill Gates, who eschews hoodies for Microsoft shares.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Ban PowerPoint!
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 16 characters from other languages that make great emoticons
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week