- Quotables July 27
Former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright on Sunday succinctly summed up her view of what the world is like right now: It's a hot mess.
Appearing on Face the Nation, Albright said there were "two huge game-changers" that had shaken the world, one being Russia's annexation of Crimea, and the other being the handful of conflicts in the Middle East, most notably Israel's offensive in Gaza.
"There are an awful lot of things going on that need understanding and explaining," she said. "But to put it mildly, the world is a mess." --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- 10 things you need to know today: November 22, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Don't change a thing: 8 inventions that never needed updating
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
Subscribe to the Week