- Quotables July 27
Former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright on Sunday succinctly summed up her view of what the world is like right now: It's a hot mess.
Appearing on Face the Nation, Albright said there were "two huge game-changers" that had shaken the world, one being Russia's annexation of Crimea, and the other being the handful of conflicts in the Middle East, most notably Israel's offensive in Gaza.
"There are an awful lot of things going on that need understanding and explaining," she said. "But to put it mildly, the world is a mess." --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 10 self-sabotaging interview mistakes to avoid
Subscribe to the Week