- Quotables July 27
Former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright on Sunday succinctly summed up her view of what the world is like right now: It's a hot mess.
Appearing on Face the Nation, Albright said there were "two huge game-changers" that had shaken the world, one being Russia's annexation of Crimea, and the other being the handful of conflicts in the Middle East, most notably Israel's offensive in Gaza.
"There are an awful lot of things going on that need understanding and explaining," she said. "But to put it mildly, the world is a mess." --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
Subscribe to the Week