- Coming Soon July 28
After two traumatic experiences in the Hunger Games, Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) is probably due for a nice vacation — but with a full-scale rebellion on the horizon, she's going to need to wait a little longer. Fans can finally get a glimpse of what lies ahead for Katniss with the first teaser for Mockingjay — Part 1, the penultimate entry in the Hunger Games franchise.
"Listen to me. No one else can do this but her. We need to unite these people out there. She's the face of this rebellion. They'll follow her," says Plutarch Heavensbee (Philip Seymour Hoffman). As the long-trampled populace rises up in full-scale rebellion against the despotic President Snow (Donald Sutherland), Katniss — still reeling from her experiences in the Hunger Games — reluctantly agrees to join them.
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1 hits theaters in November. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- Girls on Film: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay isn't an action movie. It's a war movie.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
Subscribe to the Week