- Coming Soon July 28
After two traumatic experiences in the Hunger Games, Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) is probably due for a nice vacation — but with a full-scale rebellion on the horizon, she's going to need to wait a little longer. Fans can finally get a glimpse of what lies ahead for Katniss with the first teaser for Mockingjay — Part 1, the penultimate entry in the Hunger Games franchise.
"Listen to me. No one else can do this but her. We need to unite these people out there. She's the face of this rebellion. They'll follow her," says Plutarch Heavensbee (Philip Seymour Hoffman). As the long-trampled populace rises up in full-scale rebellion against the despotic President Snow (Donald Sutherland), Katniss — still reeling from her experiences in the Hunger Games — reluctantly agrees to join them.
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1 hits theaters in November. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
Subscribe to the Week