- Pot politics July 28
Florida voters will have a chance to legalize medical marijuana at the ballot box in November, and it looks like they'll overwhelmingly give it the green light. By an almost 9-1 margin (88 percent to 10 percent) Floridians support allowing doctors to prescribe marijuana, according to a Quinnipiac poll out Monday.
What's more, the demographic breakdown shows that pretty much every single group supports the plan. That includes 80 percent of Republicans, 89 percent of Independents, and 83 percent of adults over 65 years old.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week