- inspiring July 29
The next time you feel down and need some inspiration to make it through the day, think of Anderson Pooper.
Anderson Pooper is a paralyzed Dachshund, but doesn't let that get in the way of racing. Thanks to a special cart, she's able to run with the best of them, and recently completed the Star 101.5 Wienerdog Races at Emerald Downs. Anderson Pooper races not just for the thrill, but also to raise awareness for the nonprofit Animals with Disabilities.
Watch Ms. Pooper take on Emerald Downs below. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Why America needs more billionaires
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week