- inspiring July 29
The next time you feel down and need some inspiration to make it through the day, think of Anderson Pooper.
Anderson Pooper is a paralyzed Dachshund, but doesn't let that get in the way of racing. Thanks to a special cart, she's able to run with the best of them, and recently completed the Star 101.5 Wienerdog Races at Emerald Downs. Anderson Pooper races not just for the thrill, but also to raise awareness for the nonprofit Animals with Disabilities.
Watch Ms. Pooper take on Emerald Downs below. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
Subscribe to the Week