- inspiring July 29
The next time you feel down and need some inspiration to make it through the day, think of Anderson Pooper.
Anderson Pooper is a paralyzed Dachshund, but doesn't let that get in the way of racing. Thanks to a special cart, she's able to run with the best of them, and recently completed the Star 101.5 Wienerdog Races at Emerald Downs. Anderson Pooper races not just for the thrill, but also to raise awareness for the nonprofit Animals with Disabilities.
Watch Ms. Pooper take on Emerald Downs below. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- The week's best photojournalism
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
Subscribe to the Week