- inspiring July 29
The next time you feel down and need some inspiration to make it through the day, think of Anderson Pooper.
Anderson Pooper is a paralyzed Dachshund, but doesn't let that get in the way of racing. Thanks to a special cart, she's able to run with the best of them, and recently completed the Star 101.5 Wienerdog Races at Emerald Downs. Anderson Pooper races not just for the thrill, but also to raise awareness for the nonprofit Animals with Disabilities.
Watch Ms. Pooper take on Emerald Downs below. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week