- inspiring July 29
The next time you feel down and need some inspiration to make it through the day, think of Anderson Pooper.
Anderson Pooper is a paralyzed Dachshund, but doesn't let that get in the way of racing. Thanks to a special cart, she's able to run with the best of them, and recently completed the Star 101.5 Wienerdog Races at Emerald Downs. Anderson Pooper races not just for the thrill, but also to raise awareness for the nonprofit Animals with Disabilities.
Watch Ms. Pooper take on Emerald Downs below. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- How to be charismatic, according to science
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
Subscribe to the Week