- Artistic license July 29
Scathing street art highlighting scandals that have plagued the Obama Administration popped up in Silicon Valley during the president's fundraising tour to California.
The first series of posters co-opted the logo of ABC's Scandal while Obama met with donors at the home of showrunner Shonda Rhimes. Against a backdrop of references to scandals like NSA surveillance, DOJ seizure of AP phone records, Benghazi, IRS targeting of political groups, and more, the President's face is captioned, "Don't be an #asshole."
Soon, more art appeared. A play on the classic iPhone ads shows Obama, silhouetted, and labeled "iSnoop." And a mock invitation to "A Feast in Time of Plague" — Obama's $32,000 per plate fundraiser — was delivered to the neighbors of the event's host. Take a look at two of the images, below, and check out a full gallery of the second batch of street art, viewable on Imgur here. --Bonnie Kristian
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- How I lost all my money
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
Subscribe to the Week