- Artistic license July 29
Scathing street art highlighting scandals that have plagued the Obama Administration popped up in Silicon Valley during the president's fundraising tour to California.
The first series of posters co-opted the logo of ABC's Scandal while Obama met with donors at the home of showrunner Shonda Rhimes. Against a backdrop of references to scandals like NSA surveillance, DOJ seizure of AP phone records, Benghazi, IRS targeting of political groups, and more, the President's face is captioned, "Don't be an #asshole."
Soon, more art appeared. A play on the classic iPhone ads shows Obama, silhouetted, and labeled "iSnoop." And a mock invitation to "A Feast in Time of Plague" — Obama's $32,000 per plate fundraiser — was delivered to the neighbors of the event's host. Take a look at two of the images, below, and check out a full gallery of the second batch of street art, viewable on Imgur here. --Bonnie Kristian
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week