- Artistic license July 29
Scathing street art highlighting scandals that have plagued the Obama Administration popped up in Silicon Valley during the president's fundraising tour to California.
The first series of posters co-opted the logo of ABC's Scandal while Obama met with donors at the home of showrunner Shonda Rhimes. Against a backdrop of references to scandals like NSA surveillance, DOJ seizure of AP phone records, Benghazi, IRS targeting of political groups, and more, the President's face is captioned, "Don't be an #asshole."
Soon, more art appeared. A play on the classic iPhone ads shows Obama, silhouetted, and labeled "iSnoop." And a mock invitation to "A Feast in Time of Plague" — Obama's $32,000 per plate fundraiser — was delivered to the neighbors of the event's host. Take a look at two of the images, below, and check out a full gallery of the second batch of street art, viewable on Imgur here. --Bonnie Kristian
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 10 things you need to know today: September 18, 2014
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
Subscribe to the Week