- Quotables July 29
President Evo Morales is running for reelection in Bolivia, and he believes his socialist movement, which "guarantees economic and political stability," is best discussed by couples across the country — in bed.
"The couple decides its vote in bed, and before it decides it in bed, we have to reach those people, explaining our program," Morales told supporters at an event on Sunday, reports The Associated Press.
Morales currently leads in polls ahead of the October election.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week