- Quotables July 29
Hillary Clinton is running for president in 2016 — at least, according to the rest of the nation. No, she hasn't officially declared her candidacy, but the book tour, speech appearances, and talk show visits have everyone hanging on her every word, just waiting for a formal proclamation.
Of course, this type of scrutiny on everything she says has gotten Clinton into trouble recently — especially when it comes to discussing her fortune. After her now-infamous "dead broke" gaffe, the former Secretary of State has once again addressed her wealth in a new interview with Fusion's Jorge Ramos.
Asked by Ramos to put an exact number on her net worth, Clinton demures, saying she knows "within a range" how wealthy she is. Ramos pushes her a bit, asking whether it's in the "millions," to which Clinton responds: "Yes, yes indeed." Watch the exchange below:- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
Subscribe to the Week