- Quotables July 29
Hillary Clinton is running for president in 2016 — at least, according to the rest of the nation. No, she hasn't officially declared her candidacy, but the book tour, speech appearances, and talk show visits have everyone hanging on her every word, just waiting for a formal proclamation.
Of course, this type of scrutiny on everything she says has gotten Clinton into trouble recently — especially when it comes to discussing her fortune. After her now-infamous "dead broke" gaffe, the former Secretary of State has once again addressed her wealth in a new interview with Fusion's Jorge Ramos.
Asked by Ramos to put an exact number on her net worth, Clinton demures, saying she knows "within a range" how wealthy she is. Ramos pushes her a bit, asking whether it's in the "millions," to which Clinton responds: "Yes, yes indeed." Watch the exchange below:- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- Why Japan is turning to high-tech floating islands to solve its energy needs
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
Subscribe to the Week