- Quotables July 29
Hillary Clinton is running for president in 2016 — at least, according to the rest of the nation. No, she hasn't officially declared her candidacy, but the book tour, speech appearances, and talk show visits have everyone hanging on her every word, just waiting for a formal proclamation.
Of course, this type of scrutiny on everything she says has gotten Clinton into trouble recently — especially when it comes to discussing her fortune. After her now-infamous "dead broke" gaffe, the former Secretary of State has once again addressed her wealth in a new interview with Fusion's Jorge Ramos.
Asked by Ramos to put an exact number on her net worth, Clinton demures, saying she knows "within a range" how wealthy she is. Ramos pushes her a bit, asking whether it's in the "millions," to which Clinton responds: "Yes, yes indeed." Watch the exchange below:- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- The super-rich are just as miserable as the rest of us
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- Why insects are the future of food
Subscribe to the Week