- Quotables July 29
While speaking to media Tuesday, House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) bluntly addressed the idea that Republicans are angling to impeach President Obama.
"We have no plans to impeach the president," said Boehner flatly. "We have no future plans."
"This whole talk about impeachment is coming from the president's own staff and coming from Democrats on Capitol Hill," he continued. "Why? Because they're trying to rally their people to give money and to show up in this year's elections."
The Speaker further dismissed the notion of impeachment as "a scam started by Democrats at the White House."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week