- Quotables July 29
While speaking to media Tuesday, House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) bluntly addressed the idea that Republicans are angling to impeach President Obama.
"We have no plans to impeach the president," said Boehner flatly. "We have no future plans."
"This whole talk about impeachment is coming from the president's own staff and coming from Democrats on Capitol Hill," he continued. "Why? Because they're trying to rally their people to give money and to show up in this year's elections."
The Speaker further dismissed the notion of impeachment as "a scam started by Democrats at the White House."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Pope Francis' American problem
Subscribe to the Week