- Quotables July 29
While speaking to media Tuesday, House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) bluntly addressed the idea that Republicans are angling to impeach President Obama.
"We have no plans to impeach the president," said Boehner flatly. "We have no future plans."
"This whole talk about impeachment is coming from the president's own staff and coming from Democrats on Capitol Hill," he continued. "Why? Because they're trying to rally their people to give money and to show up in this year's elections."
The Speaker further dismissed the notion of impeachment as "a scam started by Democrats at the White House."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week