- Quotables July 29
While speaking to media Tuesday, House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) bluntly addressed the idea that Republicans are angling to impeach President Obama.
"We have no plans to impeach the president," said Boehner flatly. "We have no future plans."
"This whole talk about impeachment is coming from the president's own staff and coming from Democrats on Capitol Hill," he continued. "Why? Because they're trying to rally their people to give money and to show up in this year's elections."
The Speaker further dismissed the notion of impeachment as "a scam started by Democrats at the White House."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week