- All the single ladies July 30
If you break up with your significant other, don't rush to the shredder to destroy all photographic evidence of your relationship. Instead, slap Beyonce over his/her head and start moving on.
Cassandra Blackwel decided to do just that, and hastily began putting Beyoncé on top of her ex-boyfriend in old pictures (she admits she doesn't have a clue how to Photoshop). Now, those photos live on her Beyoncify My Boyfriend Tumblr. This could even turn into a lucrative business for Blackwel; since starting her project, she has received photos from followers who want their own pictures with Beyoncé. She's pretty sure this is a foolproof way for people to get over their exes. "If imaging yourself at your happiest with Beyoncé doesn't help, I don't know what will," she told BuzzFeed. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Gamergate might be gaming sexism's Waterloo
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week