- All the single ladies July 30
If you break up with your significant other, don't rush to the shredder to destroy all photographic evidence of your relationship. Instead, slap Beyonce over his/her head and start moving on.
Cassandra Blackwel decided to do just that, and hastily began putting Beyoncé on top of her ex-boyfriend in old pictures (she admits she doesn't have a clue how to Photoshop). Now, those photos live on her Beyoncify My Boyfriend Tumblr. This could even turn into a lucrative business for Blackwel; since starting her project, she has received photos from followers who want their own pictures with Beyoncé. She's pretty sure this is a foolproof way for people to get over their exes. "If imaging yourself at your happiest with Beyoncé doesn't help, I don't know what will," she told BuzzFeed. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Surviving a plane crash
- Confessions of a hotel insider
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
Subscribe to the Week