- America the Beautiful July 30
If you thought burger gimmicks were over and you could finally go back to eating a slab of meat on a sesame bun in peace, well, think again.
Philadelphia restaurant PYT just rolled out a "donut cheesesteak burger," which looks as artery-clogging as its name suggests.
"We already have a donut burger on our menu," PYT owner Tommy Up told NBC Philadelphia. "We were looking for some flavors to balance out the sweetness of the burger, and we decided to do it cheesesteak style. It's a perfect balance of your essential flavors."
The burger includes one donut, split and cooked on the grill, which surrounds a beef patty topped with cheddar cheese, cheesesteak, Cheez Whiz. "Somehow, it works together really well," Up told NBC Philadelphia. Er, okay. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- The week's best photojournalism
Subscribe to the Week