- America the Beautiful July 30
If you thought burger gimmicks were over and you could finally go back to eating a slab of meat on a sesame bun in peace, well, think again.
Philadelphia restaurant PYT just rolled out a "donut cheesesteak burger," which looks as artery-clogging as its name suggests.
"We already have a donut burger on our menu," PYT owner Tommy Up told NBC Philadelphia. "We were looking for some flavors to balance out the sweetness of the burger, and we decided to do it cheesesteak style. It's a perfect balance of your essential flavors."
The burger includes one donut, split and cooked on the grill, which surrounds a beef patty topped with cheddar cheese, cheesesteak, Cheez Whiz. "Somehow, it works together really well," Up told NBC Philadelphia. Er, okay. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The case for voting (even if America is a corrupt plutocracy rigged by the rich)
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week