- America the Beautiful July 30
If you thought burger gimmicks were over and you could finally go back to eating a slab of meat on a sesame bun in peace, well, think again.
Philadelphia restaurant PYT just rolled out a "donut cheesesteak burger," which looks as artery-clogging as its name suggests.
"We already have a donut burger on our menu," PYT owner Tommy Up told NBC Philadelphia. "We were looking for some flavors to balance out the sweetness of the burger, and we decided to do it cheesesteak style. It's a perfect balance of your essential flavors."
The burger includes one donut, split and cooked on the grill, which surrounds a beef patty topped with cheddar cheese, cheesesteak, Cheez Whiz. "Somehow, it works together really well," Up told NBC Philadelphia. Er, okay. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- The real story behind The Conjuring and four other horror movies 'based on a true story'
- How to live a long life, according to science
Subscribe to the Week