- America the Beautiful July 30
If you thought burger gimmicks were over and you could finally go back to eating a slab of meat on a sesame bun in peace, well, think again.
Philadelphia restaurant PYT just rolled out a "donut cheesesteak burger," which looks as artery-clogging as its name suggests.
"We already have a donut burger on our menu," PYT owner Tommy Up told NBC Philadelphia. "We were looking for some flavors to balance out the sweetness of the burger, and we decided to do it cheesesteak style. It's a perfect balance of your essential flavors."
The burger includes one donut, split and cooked on the grill, which surrounds a beef patty topped with cheddar cheese, cheesesteak, Cheez Whiz. "Somehow, it works together really well," Up told NBC Philadelphia. Er, okay. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Are hedge funds doomed?
Subscribe to the Week