- Coming Soon July 30
With a third installment on the horizon, the Night at the Museum franchise shows no signs of slowing down — but the film's various characters can't say the same. In Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb, the museum's powers begin to fade due to a mysterious Egyptian artifact, and returning historical figures like Teddy Roosevelt (Robin Williams) are joined by new characters like Sir Lancelot (Dan Stevens) and a recently uncovered Pharaoh (Ben Kingsley) in an attempt to save themselves before it's too late.
Of course, the meager plot is just an excuse for the Night at the Museum franchise's various antics. In keeping with the tone established by the first two Night at the Museum movies, this trailer ends the only way it can: with a monkey grinning lustily as it launches a thick stream of urine at Owen Wilson. If that's your thing, Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb hits theaters in December. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
Subscribe to the Week