- Coming Soon July 30
With a third installment on the horizon, the Night at the Museum franchise shows no signs of slowing down — but the film's various characters can't say the same. In Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb, the museum's powers begin to fade due to a mysterious Egyptian artifact, and returning historical figures like Teddy Roosevelt (Robin Williams) are joined by new characters like Sir Lancelot (Dan Stevens) and a recently uncovered Pharaoh (Ben Kingsley) in an attempt to save themselves before it's too late.
Of course, the meager plot is just an excuse for the Night at the Museum franchise's various antics. In keeping with the tone established by the first two Night at the Museum movies, this trailer ends the only way it can: with a monkey grinning lustily as it launches a thick stream of urine at Owen Wilson. If that's your thing, Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb hits theaters in December. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week