- America the Beautiful July 30
There's no better way to celebrate the end of July than with a cool treat like cheesecake. Luckily, Americans know how to celebrate summer right: July 30 is National Cheesecake Day.
Local cheesecake eateries, like Eli's Cheesecake in Chicago and Eileen's Special Cheesecake in New York, are hosting deals to celebrate the holiday. Chains are getting in on the action, too — The Cheesecake Factory is offering half price slices today and tomorrow. Check out more cheesecake deals over at the Examiner.
Mmm, America. Sweet, sweet calories.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
Subscribe to the Week