- America the Beautiful July 30
There's no better way to celebrate the end of July than with a cool treat like cheesecake. Luckily, Americans know how to celebrate summer right: July 30 is National Cheesecake Day.
Local cheesecake eateries, like Eli's Cheesecake in Chicago and Eileen's Special Cheesecake in New York, are hosting deals to celebrate the holiday. Chains are getting in on the action, too — The Cheesecake Factory is offering half price slices today and tomorrow. Check out more cheesecake deals over at the Examiner.
Mmm, America. Sweet, sweet calories.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Christian conservatives have a terrifying new bogeyman: The Christian leftist
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 11 facts yü should know about the umlaut
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- What the Romney boomlet says about the establishment GOP's feeble 2016 field
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
Subscribe to the Week