- America the Beautiful July 30
There's no better way to celebrate the end of July than with a cool treat like cheesecake. Luckily, Americans know how to celebrate summer right: July 30 is National Cheesecake Day.
Local cheesecake eateries, like Eli's Cheesecake in Chicago and Eileen's Special Cheesecake in New York, are hosting deals to celebrate the holiday. Chains are getting in on the action, too — The Cheesecake Factory is offering half price slices today and tomorrow. Check out more cheesecake deals over at the Examiner.
Mmm, America. Sweet, sweet calories.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- A linguist's guide to HULK SMASH
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- How to survive a spaceship disaster
Subscribe to the Week