- America the Beautiful July 30
There's no better way to celebrate the end of July than with a cool treat like cheesecake. Luckily, Americans know how to celebrate summer right: July 30 is National Cheesecake Day.
Local cheesecake eateries, like Eli's Cheesecake in Chicago and Eileen's Special Cheesecake in New York, are hosting deals to celebrate the holiday. Chains are getting in on the action, too — The Cheesecake Factory is offering half price slices today and tomorrow. Check out more cheesecake deals over at the Examiner.
Mmm, America. Sweet, sweet calories.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The myth of the stay-at-home dad
- Uber, and the growing threat of corporate surveillance
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week