- Coming Soon July 30
After a buzzy surprise appearance at Comic-Con, anticipation for Christopher Nolan's Interstellar — his first movie after the conclusion of The Dark Knight trilogy — has reached a fever pitch. A newly released trailer, which you can see here, offers our clearest glimpse of the film yet.
This new Interstellar trailer promises a dense and philosophical movie that uses a galaxy-spanning narrative to explore the complexity of human connection. "When you become a parent, one thing becomes really clear," says astronaut Cooper (Matthew McConaughey). "And that's that you want to make sure your children feel safe."
It's heady stuff for a Hollywood blockbuster — but given the similar territory Christopher Nolan mined with his sci-fi thriller Inception, there's every reason to remain optimistic that Interstellar will live up to its ambitious goals when it hits theaters in November. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to live a long life, according to science
- This is how the GOP should respond to Hillary Clinton's trumpeting of a minimum wage hike
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week