- The Daily Showdown July 31
On Wednesday night's Daily Show, Jon Stewart turned his attention to the plight of American corporations seeking tax shelters in countries like the Netherlands and Ireland. Fox News and conservatives have been mostly sympathetic to the concerns of these American companies trying to avoid taxes by moving their headquarters overseas — Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) called them "economic refugees" in a clip — and Jon Stewart was quick to pounce: "Well, if they're refugees, why don't we stick to our normal policy and send them back from where they came?" Be sure to catch the Justin Bieber analogy at the end. --Nico Lauricella
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
Subscribe to the Week