- The Daily Showdown July 31
On Wednesday night's Daily Show, Jon Stewart turned his attention to the plight of American corporations seeking tax shelters in countries like the Netherlands and Ireland. Fox News and conservatives have been mostly sympathetic to the concerns of these American companies trying to avoid taxes by moving their headquarters overseas — Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) called them "economic refugees" in a clip — and Jon Stewart was quick to pounce: "Well, if they're refugees, why don't we stick to our normal policy and send them back from where they came?" Be sure to catch the Justin Bieber analogy at the end. --Nico Lauricella
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week