- The Daily Showdown July 31
On Wednesday night's Daily Show, Jon Stewart turned his attention to the plight of American corporations seeking tax shelters in countries like the Netherlands and Ireland. Fox News and conservatives have been mostly sympathetic to the concerns of these American companies trying to avoid taxes by moving their headquarters overseas — Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) called them "economic refugees" in a clip — and Jon Stewart was quick to pounce: "Well, if they're refugees, why don't we stick to our normal policy and send them back from where they came?" Be sure to catch the Justin Bieber analogy at the end. --Nico Lauricella
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
Subscribe to the Week