- Late Night Antics July 31
On Wednesday, TMZ reported that Orlando Bloom attempted to punch Justin Bieber at a restaurant in Ibiza, Spain. The fight was reportedly inspired by a remark Bieber made about model Miranda Kerr, from whom Bloom is currently separated.
Stephen Colbert gleefully seized upon the gossip, reporting that there is yet another international conflict brewing. He was quick to make light of Kerr and Bieber's age difference, saying that in a photo of the pair together, "she was either canoodling with or babysitting him."
Colbert dissects media reports of the incident, which state that Bloom "refused to shake Bieber's hand" before swinging a punch. After being denied the handshake, Bieber reportedly said to Bloom, "She was good." Colbert then made clear that he doesn't "condone this type of violence" — because Bloom's punch allegedly missed Bieber's face. Watch the full Colbert Report clip — which also includes a gratuitous Pope Francis video — below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Christian conservatives have a terrifying new bogeyman: The Christian leftist
- What the Romney boomlet says about the establishment GOP's feeble 2016 field
- 10 innovative furniture designs that brilliantly save you space
- Eric Holder blew it as attorney general. His replacement will, too,
Subscribe to the Week