- Late Night Antics July 31
On Wednesday, TMZ reported that Orlando Bloom attempted to punch Justin Bieber at a restaurant in Ibiza, Spain. The fight was reportedly inspired by a remark Bieber made about model Miranda Kerr, from whom Bloom is currently separated.
Stephen Colbert gleefully seized upon the gossip, reporting that there is yet another international conflict brewing. He was quick to make light of Kerr and Bieber's age difference, saying that in a photo of the pair together, "she was either canoodling with or babysitting him."
Colbert dissects media reports of the incident, which state that Bloom "refused to shake Bieber's hand" before swinging a punch. After being denied the handshake, Bieber reportedly said to Bloom, "She was good." Colbert then made clear that he doesn't "condone this type of violence" — because Bloom's punch allegedly missed Bieber's face. Watch the full Colbert Report clip — which also includes a gratuitous Pope Francis video — below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
Subscribe to the Week