- Really? July 31
After Russell Brand mocked Sean Hannity's coverage of the Israel-Palestine conflict, claiming that Hannity "sounds like a terrorist," Hannity has fired back.
Brand skewered Hannity in his YouTube show The Trews on Tuesday, saying Hannity's show didn't include a real debate about the conflict because the host's biases were clear. Brand also noted that Hannity looks "a bit like the Ken doll from the Toy Story 3 film." Brand claimed that Hannity is "not interested in truth" and only wants to promote "a particular perspective."
On his Fox News show Wednesday night, Hannity responded to Brand's accusations and called Brand to tell him his remarks were "not funny." "I need to educate you, 'cause you're kind of dumb and ignorant," Hannity said. Hannity claimed that Brand "can't get it through his thick head" what's really happening in Gaza. Check out Hannity's response to Brand in the video below. --Meghan DeMaria
And here's Brand's original video, for reference:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 9 ways you're probably teaching your kids bad money habits
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
Subscribe to the Week