- healthcare.fail July 31
The ObamaCare website, HealthCare.gov, had already cost taxpayers some $840 million as of March of this year, according to a new report from the Government Accountability Office (GAO). Nonetheless, the website is still not complete. The GAO's director of acquisition and sourcing management, William T. Woods, will testify today about the HealthCare.gov cost report to the House Energy and Commerce Committee.
Meanwhile, a report from Bloomberg indicates that insurance companies and for-profit hospitals are making more money as a result of ObamaCare requirements, despite predictions that the law would cause their profits to take a hit. "ObamaCare's turned out to be quite good for health-care companies," said Les Funtleyder, a financial advisor. Conservative critics have long argued that one effect of ObamaCare would be to guarantee additional income to the very insurance companies the president has said prioritize greed over people.- - Bonnie Kristian
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- California's epic drought
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
Subscribe to the Week