- This just in July 31
A "demoted worker" reportedly shot the CEO of his company inside Chicago's Bank of America building on Thursday, the Associated Press reports.
The alleged shooter, 59, has not been named, nor has the tech company he reportedly worked for. He allegedly killed himself at the scene after firing at his boss. The victim, 54, is in critical condition and is being treated at a local hospital.
Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy told the AP that the alleged shooter was in the midst of a meeting with his company's CEO on the 17th floor of the building when he opened fire. According to McCarthy, the employee reportedly shot the CEO twice, once in his head and once in his stomach, before shooting himself.
"Apparently he was despondent over the fact that he got demoted," McCarthy told the AP. The AP reports that 10 people were in the office, but no others were injured during the shooting.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- On immigration, Obama is flirting with tyranny
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hillary Clinton needs to win big in 2016. Here's how she can do it.
- How to rescue the American family and fix the broken school system in one fell swoop
- Don't change a thing: 8 inventions that never needed updating
- 10 things you need to know today: November 20, 2014
Subscribe to the Week