- This just in July 31
A "demoted worker" reportedly shot the CEO of his company inside Chicago's Bank of America building on Thursday, the Associated Press reports.
The alleged shooter, 59, has not been named, nor has the tech company he reportedly worked for. He allegedly killed himself at the scene after firing at his boss. The victim, 54, is in critical condition and is being treated at a local hospital.
Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy told the AP that the alleged shooter was in the midst of a meeting with his company's CEO on the 17th floor of the building when he opened fire. According to McCarthy, the employee reportedly shot the CEO twice, once in his head and once in his stomach, before shooting himself.
"Apparently he was despondent over the fact that he got demoted," McCarthy told the AP. The AP reports that 10 people were in the office, but no others were injured during the shooting.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week