- Late Night Antics August 1
The name says it all: on Thursday night's The Tonight Show, host Jimmy Fallon and guest Julia Roberts played a new game called Face Balls, in which they hit each other in the face with plastic balls and then watched a playback in super HD slow motion.
"This is the comedy version of 50 Shades of Grey," Roberts quipped as she waited for Fallon to chuck the ball at her face. You could tell both were a little nervous about throwing too hard — "I feel bad doing this, you're America's sweetheart!" Fallon told Roberts — but they were good sports and no blood was shed. Watch the clip below to see the hilarious slow motion shots of Roberts and Fallon mid-hit. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
Subscribe to the Week