- Late Night Antics August 1
The name says it all: on Thursday night's The Tonight Show, host Jimmy Fallon and guest Julia Roberts played a new game called Face Balls, in which they hit each other in the face with plastic balls and then watched a playback in super HD slow motion.
"This is the comedy version of 50 Shades of Grey," Roberts quipped as she waited for Fallon to chuck the ball at her face. You could tell both were a little nervous about throwing too hard — "I feel bad doing this, you're America's sweetheart!" Fallon told Roberts — but they were good sports and no blood was shed. Watch the clip below to see the hilarious slow motion shots of Roberts and Fallon mid-hit. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
Subscribe to the Week