- Late Night Antics August 1
The name says it all: on Thursday night's The Tonight Show, host Jimmy Fallon and guest Julia Roberts played a new game called Face Balls, in which they hit each other in the face with plastic balls and then watched a playback in super HD slow motion.
"This is the comedy version of 50 Shades of Grey," Roberts quipped as she waited for Fallon to chuck the ball at her face. You could tell both were a little nervous about throwing too hard — "I feel bad doing this, you're America's sweetheart!" Fallon told Roberts — but they were good sports and no blood was shed. Watch the clip below to see the hilarious slow motion shots of Roberts and Fallon mid-hit. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week