- Late Night Antics August 1
The name says it all: on Thursday night's The Tonight Show, host Jimmy Fallon and guest Julia Roberts played a new game called Face Balls, in which they hit each other in the face with plastic balls and then watched a playback in super HD slow motion.
"This is the comedy version of 50 Shades of Grey," Roberts quipped as she waited for Fallon to chuck the ball at her face. You could tell both were a little nervous about throwing too hard — "I feel bad doing this, you're America's sweetheart!" Fallon told Roberts — but they were good sports and no blood was shed. Watch the clip below to see the hilarious slow motion shots of Roberts and Fallon mid-hit. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- How I lost all my money
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 10 things you need to know today: December 22, 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week