- This just in August 1
One of Prince Philip's former aides, Benjamin Herman, has been charged with three "indecent assaults" in the '70s, the Associated Press reports.
Herman, now 79, was employed by Philip, Queen Elizabeth II's husband, from 1971 to 1974. The alleged victim was 12 years old in 1972, when the assaults are reported to have started.
Herman will appear in England's Wimbledon Magistrates Court on Monday, the AP reports.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Rise of the machines
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
Subscribe to the Week