- This just in August 1
One of Prince Philip's former aides, Benjamin Herman, has been charged with three "indecent assaults" in the '70s, the Associated Press reports.
Herman, now 79, was employed by Philip, Queen Elizabeth II's husband, from 1971 to 1974. The alleged victim was 12 years old in 1972, when the assaults are reported to have started.
Herman will appear in England's Wimbledon Magistrates Court on Monday, the AP reports.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week