- This just in August 1
One of Prince Philip's former aides, Benjamin Herman, has been charged with three "indecent assaults" in the '70s, the Associated Press reports.
Herman, now 79, was employed by Philip, Queen Elizabeth II's husband, from 1971 to 1974. The alleged victim was 12 years old in 1972, when the assaults are reported to have started.
Herman will appear in England's Wimbledon Magistrates Court on Monday, the AP reports.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
Subscribe to the Week