- The Daily Showdown August 1
On Thursday night's Daily Show, Jon Stewart criticized Republicans for using Congress' final moments before its summer recess to sue Obama.
"You have to pass the laws on your plate — all of them — before you get dessert," Stewart said exasperatedly, calling Congress the "Sharknado 2 of government."
Stewart then deftly criticized Republican representatives' claims that the proposed lawsuit was "bipartisan," simply stating their claims were "bullsh--t." He pointed out that Republicans had no objections to President Bush's executive action in 2006 to "waive or extend action" on Medicare signups for seniors, which was, according to Stewart, "pretty much exactly identical" to what Congress is suing Obama for now.
Watch Stewart's Congressional takedown below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week