- The Daily Showdown August 1
On Thursday night's Daily Show, Jon Stewart criticized Republicans for using Congress' final moments before its summer recess to sue Obama.
"You have to pass the laws on your plate — all of them — before you get dessert," Stewart said exasperatedly, calling Congress the "Sharknado 2 of government."
Stewart then deftly criticized Republican representatives' claims that the proposed lawsuit was "bipartisan," simply stating their claims were "bullsh--t." He pointed out that Republicans had no objections to President Bush's executive action in 2006 to "waive or extend action" on Medicare signups for seniors, which was, according to Stewart, "pretty much exactly identical" to what Congress is suing Obama for now.
Watch Stewart's Congressional takedown below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Why America needs more billionaires
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
Subscribe to the Week