- The Daily Showdown August 1
On Thursday night's Daily Show, Jon Stewart criticized Republicans for using Congress' final moments before its summer recess to sue Obama.
"You have to pass the laws on your plate — all of them — before you get dessert," Stewart said exasperatedly, calling Congress the "Sharknado 2 of government."
Stewart then deftly criticized Republican representatives' claims that the proposed lawsuit was "bipartisan," simply stating their claims were "bullsh--t." He pointed out that Republicans had no objections to President Bush's executive action in 2006 to "waive or extend action" on Medicare signups for seniors, which was, according to Stewart, "pretty much exactly identical" to what Congress is suing Obama for now.
Watch Stewart's Congressional takedown below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
Subscribe to the Week