- The Daily Showdown August 1
On Thursday night's Daily Show, Jon Stewart criticized Republicans for using Congress' final moments before its summer recess to sue Obama.
"You have to pass the laws on your plate — all of them — before you get dessert," Stewart said exasperatedly, calling Congress the "Sharknado 2 of government."
Stewart then deftly criticized Republican representatives' claims that the proposed lawsuit was "bipartisan," simply stating their claims were "bullsh--t." He pointed out that Republicans had no objections to President Bush's executive action in 2006 to "waive or extend action" on Medicare signups for seniors, which was, according to Stewart, "pretty much exactly identical" to what Congress is suing Obama for now.
Watch Stewart's Congressional takedown below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week