- Watch this August 1
Mashable Minute host Elliott Morgan steps in to guest host our sister site Mental Floss' video this week, which details strange occupations.
Unsurprisingly, ice cream taste testers made the list — but did you know each taste tester might sample a pint of ice cream in an average day? That sounds a lot better than being a dog food tester, which is apparently also a human job — dog food testers monitor the food for "quality control."
Other odd jobs include Hazmat divers, who swim through sewage, and "professional RC vehicle racers," who test the remote-controlled cars. The oddest odd job, though, might be that of "deer urine farmers," who "collect and sell undiluted whitetail pee." Apparently, deer pee is useful in hunting, and each deer can earn a farmer more than $90,000 a year.
Watch the full video below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to live a long life, according to science
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- Is Amazon a monopoly?
- Yes, the Federal Reserve is politicized — and that's a good thing
Subscribe to the Week