- crisis in Gaza August 1
White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest announced Thursday that the Obama administration considered the Israeli destruction of a U.N. school in Gaza "totally indefensible." The school had been converted into a shelter for Palestinian civilians, and at least 19 people died in the attack.
But the administration seems to have forgotten its own record of drone strikes in Pakistan and Yemen, which have claimed a large number of child victims. The president has personally approved drone strikes that have targeted wedding celebrations, schools, health centers, and even first responders.- - Bonnie Kristian
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Why insects are the future of food
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
Subscribe to the Week