- crisis in Gaza August 1
White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest announced Thursday that the Obama administration considered the Israeli destruction of a U.N. school in Gaza "totally indefensible." The school had been converted into a shelter for Palestinian civilians, and at least 19 people died in the attack.
But the administration seems to have forgotten its own record of drone strikes in Pakistan and Yemen, which have claimed a large number of child victims. The president has personally approved drone strikes that have targeted wedding celebrations, schools, health centers, and even first responders.- - Bonnie Kristian
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- What the media gets wrong about Jeb Bush
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
Subscribe to the Week