- crisis in Gaza August 1
White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest announced Thursday that the Obama administration considered the Israeli destruction of a U.N. school in Gaza "totally indefensible." The school had been converted into a shelter for Palestinian civilians, and at least 19 people died in the attack.
But the administration seems to have forgotten its own record of drone strikes in Pakistan and Yemen, which have claimed a large number of child victims. The president has personally approved drone strikes that have targeted wedding celebrations, schools, health centers, and even first responders.- - Bonnie Kristian
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- These vintage Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade balloons offer a delightful glimpse into pop culture past
Subscribe to the Week