- crisis in Gaza August 1
White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest announced Thursday that the Obama administration considered the Israeli destruction of a U.N. school in Gaza "totally indefensible." The school had been converted into a shelter for Palestinian civilians, and at least 19 people died in the attack.
But the administration seems to have forgotten its own record of drone strikes in Pakistan and Yemen, which have claimed a large number of child victims. The president has personally approved drone strikes that have targeted wedding celebrations, schools, health centers, and even first responders.- - Bonnie Kristian
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
Subscribe to the Week