- Quotables August 1
In an interview on Fox News' Hannity, Ann Coulter told Sean Hannity that she wished Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu were the U.S. president.
Coulter said that Netanyahu "could deal with our border problems the way he deals with border issues in his own country," comparing tunnels at the U.S.-Mexico border with the Hamas tunnels.
"More than a hundred tunnels have been found on our border... We need a Netanyahu here," Coulter told Hannity. "Yes, sometimes Palestinian kids get killed... they're associated with a terrorist organization that is harming Israel, and Netanyahu doesn't care what the religious leaders say, weeping about Palestinian children."
Coulter goes on to suggest that the U.S. take a similarly hard-line approach. "We are a country, we have borders, and Netanyahu enforces them," Coulter said to Hannity. "Why can't we do that in America?"
Watch Hannity's interview with Coulter in the clip below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: September 19, 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
Subscribe to the Week