- Quotables August 1
In an interview on Fox News' Hannity, Ann Coulter told Sean Hannity that she wished Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu were the U.S. president.
Coulter said that Netanyahu "could deal with our border problems the way he deals with border issues in his own country," comparing tunnels at the U.S.-Mexico border with the Hamas tunnels.
"More than a hundred tunnels have been found on our border... We need a Netanyahu here," Coulter told Hannity. "Yes, sometimes Palestinian kids get killed... they're associated with a terrorist organization that is harming Israel, and Netanyahu doesn't care what the religious leaders say, weeping about Palestinian children."
Coulter goes on to suggest that the U.S. take a similarly hard-line approach. "We are a country, we have borders, and Netanyahu enforces them," Coulter said to Hannity. "Why can't we do that in America?"
Watch Hannity's interview with Coulter in the clip below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
Subscribe to the Week