- Quotables August 1
In an interview on Fox News' Hannity, Ann Coulter told Sean Hannity that she wished Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu were the U.S. president.
Coulter said that Netanyahu "could deal with our border problems the way he deals with border issues in his own country," comparing tunnels at the U.S.-Mexico border with the Hamas tunnels.
"More than a hundred tunnels have been found on our border... We need a Netanyahu here," Coulter told Hannity. "Yes, sometimes Palestinian kids get killed... they're associated with a terrorist organization that is harming Israel, and Netanyahu doesn't care what the religious leaders say, weeping about Palestinian children."
Coulter goes on to suggest that the U.S. take a similarly hard-line approach. "We are a country, we have borders, and Netanyahu enforces them," Coulter said to Hannity. "Why can't we do that in America?"
Watch Hannity's interview with Coulter in the clip below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to survive a spaceship disaster
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week