- Quotables August 1
In an interview on Fox News' Hannity, Ann Coulter told Sean Hannity that she wished Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu were the U.S. president.
Coulter said that Netanyahu "could deal with our border problems the way he deals with border issues in his own country," comparing tunnels at the U.S.-Mexico border with the Hamas tunnels.
"More than a hundred tunnels have been found on our border... We need a Netanyahu here," Coulter told Hannity. "Yes, sometimes Palestinian kids get killed... they're associated with a terrorist organization that is harming Israel, and Netanyahu doesn't care what the religious leaders say, weeping about Palestinian children."
Coulter goes on to suggest that the U.S. take a similarly hard-line approach. "We are a country, we have borders, and Netanyahu enforces them," Coulter said to Hannity. "Why can't we do that in America?"
Watch Hannity's interview with Coulter in the clip below. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
Subscribe to the Week