- Marvel-ous News August 1
At the end of 2012's superhero blockbuster The Avengers, Marvel threw fans one last curveball: the introduction of Thanos, a sadistic, ruthless extraterrestrial who is routinely held up as one of the greatest supervillains of the Marvel universe. Thanos didn't show up in Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World or Captain America: The Winter Soldier, but he finally rears his purple head again in this weekend's Guardians of the Galaxy.
But if you'd rather not wait to see Josh Brolin's debut in the role, Marvel has just released a special treat: a brief glimpse of Josh Brolin in the role. (Brolin hadn't yet been cast when Thanos originally appeared in The Avengers.) The moment comes at the tail end of this recap of the Marvel Cinematic Universe's ongoing story, which culminates with a threat from Thanos himself: "I will bathe the starways in your blood."
Check out the full clip (and a screengrab of Thanos) below. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to live a long life, according to science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week