- Marvel-ous News August 1
At the end of 2012's superhero blockbuster The Avengers, Marvel threw fans one last curveball: the introduction of Thanos, a sadistic, ruthless extraterrestrial who is routinely held up as one of the greatest supervillains of the Marvel universe. Thanos didn't show up in Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World or Captain America: The Winter Soldier, but he finally rears his purple head again in this weekend's Guardians of the Galaxy.
But if you'd rather not wait to see Josh Brolin's debut in the role, Marvel has just released a special treat: a brief glimpse of Josh Brolin in the role. (Brolin hadn't yet been cast when Thanos originally appeared in The Avengers.) The moment comes at the tail end of this recap of the Marvel Cinematic Universe's ongoing story, which culminates with a threat from Thanos himself: "I will bathe the starways in your blood."
Check out the full clip (and a screengrab of Thanos) below. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 16 characters from other languages that make great emoticons
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week