- Marvel-ous News August 1
At the end of 2012's superhero blockbuster The Avengers, Marvel threw fans one last curveball: the introduction of Thanos, a sadistic, ruthless extraterrestrial who is routinely held up as one of the greatest supervillains of the Marvel universe. Thanos didn't show up in Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World or Captain America: The Winter Soldier, but he finally rears his purple head again in this weekend's Guardians of the Galaxy.
But if you'd rather not wait to see Josh Brolin's debut in the role, Marvel has just released a special treat: a brief glimpse of Josh Brolin in the role. (Brolin hadn't yet been cast when Thanos originally appeared in The Avengers.) The moment comes at the tail end of this recap of the Marvel Cinematic Universe's ongoing story, which culminates with a threat from Thanos himself: "I will bathe the starways in your blood."
Check out the full clip (and a screengrab of Thanos) below. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
Subscribe to the Week