- Marvel-ous News August 1
At the end of 2012's superhero blockbuster The Avengers, Marvel threw fans one last curveball: the introduction of Thanos, a sadistic, ruthless extraterrestrial who is routinely held up as one of the greatest supervillains of the Marvel universe. Thanos didn't show up in Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World or Captain America: The Winter Soldier, but he finally rears his purple head again in this weekend's Guardians of the Galaxy.
But if you'd rather not wait to see Josh Brolin's debut in the role, Marvel has just released a special treat: a brief glimpse of Josh Brolin in the role. (Brolin hadn't yet been cast when Thanos originally appeared in The Avengers.) The moment comes at the tail end of this recap of the Marvel Cinematic Universe's ongoing story, which culminates with a threat from Thanos himself: "I will bathe the starways in your blood."
Check out the full clip (and a screengrab of Thanos) below. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- Why Japan is turning to high-tech floating islands to solve its energy needs
Subscribe to the Week