- Look at this August 2
If you happen to be near Hohenfelden, Germany today, you may wonder what's up with all those sheep.
Actually, if you're near Hohenfelden, Germany, you probably know that shepherds from across the country are competing in the regional Shepherds Championships. The annual competition requires the men to use two sheepdogs and a lot of moxie as they lead 300 of the animals. Judges pick a winner based on which herd is deemed to have the best formation.
Check out the fascinating photos, below. --Sarah Eberspacher
Shepherd Mario Scheffel leads a flock of sheep. | (AP Photo/Jens Meyer)
A sheep peers out over its herd. | (AP Photo/Jens Meyer)
Scheffel's sheepdogs help move the flock. | (AP Photo/Jens Meyer)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why we can't educate racism away
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Oil prices have nosedived — why aren't airfares doing the same?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 'Tis the season for archaic English
- How to cook a perfect rib eye steak
When Americans banned Christmas
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- The best performances we saw in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: December 25, 2014
Subscribe to the Week