- Look at this August 2
If you happen to be near Hohenfelden, Germany today, you may wonder what's up with all those sheep.
Actually, if you're near Hohenfelden, Germany, you probably know that shepherds from across the country are competing in the regional Shepherds Championships. The annual competition requires the men to use two sheepdogs and a lot of moxie as they lead 300 of the animals. Judges pick a winner based on which herd is deemed to have the best formation.
Check out the fascinating photos, below. --Sarah Eberspacher
Shepherd Mario Scheffel leads a flock of sheep. | (AP Photo/Jens Meyer)
A sheep peers out over its herd. | (AP Photo/Jens Meyer)
Scheffel's sheepdogs help move the flock. | (AP Photo/Jens Meyer)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- The myth of the stay-at-home dad
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- Girls on Film: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay isn't an action movie. It's a war movie.
Subscribe to the Week