- oh technology August 2
The search for a man responsible for attempting to steer a drone filled with contraband into a South Carolina maximum-security prison has entered its fourth month.
Officials from the Lee Correctional Institution in Bishopville discovered the delivery drone back on April 21; it had crashed into some bushes outside the prison and was filled with cell phones, marijuana, and tobacco. Police arrested one man, but they have yet to identify the second person caught on surveillance cameras buying some of the tobacco products later found in the drone, according to The Citizen-Times.
The better question, and one to which officials said they do not have an answer, is where the drone would have flown, had it made the journey past the 12-foot-high razor wire fences.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How I lost all my money
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
Subscribe to the Week