- oh technology August 2
The search for a man responsible for attempting to steer a drone filled with contraband into a South Carolina maximum-security prison has entered its fourth month.
Officials from the Lee Correctional Institution in Bishopville discovered the delivery drone back on April 21; it had crashed into some bushes outside the prison and was filled with cell phones, marijuana, and tobacco. Police arrested one man, but they have yet to identify the second person caught on surveillance cameras buying some of the tobacco products later found in the drone, according to The Citizen-Times.
The better question, and one to which officials said they do not have an answer, is where the drone would have flown, had it made the journey past the 12-foot-high razor wire fences.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
Subscribe to the Week