- Murray Necessities August 2
Jon Favreau's live-action/animation take on Disney's The Jungle Book just keeps adding star power.
Bill Murray will reportedly voice Baloo the bear, joining Christopher Walken (King Louie), Ben Kingsley (Bagheera the panther), Lupita Nyong'o (Raksha the mother wolf), Scarlett Johansson (Kaa the python) and Idris Elba (Shere Khan the tiger). All of those big names could overshadow 10-year-old Neel Sethi, who will star as Mowgli, but we'll have to wait for the film to hit theaters in October 2015 to find out for sure.
In the meantime, get a little nostalgic with this classic scene from the original movie (and have fun imaging Murray bouncing around as Baloo). --Sarah Eberspacher
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to make corn dogs
Subscribe to the Week