- Murray Necessities August 2
Jon Favreau's live-action/animation take on Disney's The Jungle Book just keeps adding star power.
Bill Murray will reportedly voice Baloo the bear, joining Christopher Walken (King Louie), Ben Kingsley (Bagheera the panther), Lupita Nyong'o (Raksha the mother wolf), Scarlett Johansson (Kaa the python) and Idris Elba (Shere Khan the tiger). All of those big names could overshadow 10-year-old Neel Sethi, who will star as Mowgli, but we'll have to wait for the film to hit theaters in October 2015 to find out for sure.
In the meantime, get a little nostalgic with this classic scene from the original movie (and have fun imaging Murray bouncing around as Baloo). --Sarah Eberspacher
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
Subscribe to the Week