- Murray Necessities August 2
Jon Favreau's live-action/animation take on Disney's The Jungle Book just keeps adding star power.
Bill Murray will reportedly voice Baloo the bear, joining Christopher Walken (King Louie), Ben Kingsley (Bagheera the panther), Lupita Nyong'o (Raksha the mother wolf), Scarlett Johansson (Kaa the python) and Idris Elba (Shere Khan the tiger). All of those big names could overshadow 10-year-old Neel Sethi, who will star as Mowgli, but we'll have to wait for the film to hit theaters in October 2015 to find out for sure.
In the meantime, get a little nostalgic with this classic scene from the original movie (and have fun imaging Murray bouncing around as Baloo). --Sarah Eberspacher
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The girl who wouldn't die
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week